Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Inside on a Monday

I am about done with winter. Even with our frequent trips south this year, I still long to ride outside. I know I could do it because it hasn’t been that cold, but it takes forever to put all of my warm clothes on. The ride is never as enjoyable and I seem to tire much more quickly. The worst part is the “ice cream headache” that I feel until I can get sufficiently warmed up.
Lately we have had quite a bit of wet (rain or snow) weather also. Riding is scary enough when I am certain to have control over my bike, but add a little ice, less shoulder due to snow, puddles, along with unpredictable drivers and I have raised by chances of getting hit dramatically. So I suffer inside.
Spin was not that bad though. I like to go in about 30-45 minutes early and stay about 30 minutes later in effort to get an hour 45 to two hours on the bike. It is a struggle though. I wouldn’t be able to do it without sandwiching in spin. On the trainer or roller I max out at an hour 30 and I am mentally numb, even if I am watching something interesting.
Chris said that St. George was supposed to be 60 this weekend. Maybe…

No comments: