Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No race last weekend. This week is Deer Valley. We prerode the course with Adam and Tim. It is different than in years past starting with a really BIG climb. I will miss the single track on the way up. I really liked that section.
We have done some riding in place of the racing. It has been a bit limited due to inclement or ominous looking weather. We actually spent some time on the road in between showers. I enjoy that everyone once in a while, but I prefer the dirt.
Speaking of dirt, I decided that I have been much too lazy in my training. It seems like I am always taking it easy or not feeling good. So I have decided to push unless I am purposefully recovering. If I don't feel especially good, I am going to push for a bit to see if that helps. I did this yesterday and I had a much better experience than I had been having.
The ironic thing is that I have made this conscious decision right before taking time off. After Deer Valley, I am leaving sans bikes. I am going to go back to my home town to spend some time with family and maybe reconnect with some old friends. My Mom rides though I have never really ridden with her. She just started with a friend or two and I interpret it as being more recreational. None the less, she has promised me some time on two wheels. We will also do some canoeing too. I have not been in a canoe since Chris and I celebrated our one year anniversary by taking a camping/canoe trip at Lake Powell. I am looking forward to it. When I return it will be off to a 12 hour race. It should be lots of fun.

No comments: