Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness

As we rode into town the weather looked ominous. Chris comments that we should have gone to Moab. I shrug my shoulders. I had thought about it. I got up early and checked the weather forcast for Moab and compared it to Provo. Both were windy. Moab had sunshine and would be warmer, but Provo was not supposed to be too chilly. We had plans to ride at home and I did not think the weather looked so much better to be worth the drive.
The original plan was to ride from Springville into Provo. But the high wind advisory had us change our mind. The wind was from the South also so we would be feeling its wrath on the way back as opposed to when we were fresh. So we opted to just meet everyone in Provo.
There was a small group that steadily diminished--Carson, Keith*, Phast Dan*, Adam, Larry, Chuck and Jon (though I never saw them), Chris and myself.
We hit just about everything twice. We even tried Bonneville by Bridal Veil. We got a little ways up before hitting snow. Chris and I rode for close to four hours before throwing in the towel. Phast Dan was not done though and headed back out when everyone else was done--and he was on a single speed with a 19. All I have to say is I am a wimp.
I was glad I had thrown on a new rear tire. The Maxxis Ikon had more bite. This week was great. I rode outside on dirt five out of six days. And the day I took off was not even a day that I couldn't ride but a day I consciously took off the bike. A week like this in March reminds me how good life really is.


* Rember when these guys used to update their blogs? Um. That was cool, huh?


1 comment:

Erica said...

Nope, you're not a wimp. Not in any way, shape or form.