Monday, April 23, 2012

Just riding

I have just been riding around. The weather was touchy last week, but Chris and I lucked out and still squeezed in a decent ride on the days we wanted to do so. The trails were wet but not necessarily muddy--sometimes tacky but slick other times. We also got caught in our first spring storm, so we can mark that off the list.

And Chris built up my hard tail (not the one I am going to sell, we are still working on that one) and I got to ride it. I was a bit apprehensive as it is set up with 1x9, but I loved it. Note: we did not climb Franks; I may not love it there. 

On a sunny ride last week, Chris was following too close. I knocked a rock in the trail, he hit it and went down. Unfortunately, he jacked up his ribs a bit. 

Chris picking himself up

A not-so-sunny ride

Cool clouds over the mountains

Some big horn sheep just off the trail

I was afraid I would spook them, but they did not seem to care.

A dry canyon loop with Heather
And now, it is off to the races....

No comments: