Monday, October 27, 2008

I have got nothing. Last week was not a good week on the bike. The company for which I work hosted it's US-EU Regional Convention in SLC. I worked long hours making it difficult to ride. They launched a weight loss program a year ago and they highlighted it again this year. They had asked for volunteers to run on a tread mill during various times through out the convention. I volunteered but thought I would see if they would let me bring my bike and trainer. I would much rather ride than run. I was surprised they agreed. So I did get paid to ride my bike for a bit. I was surprised at some of the questions that I received. I had quite a few people who claimed to be cyclist who asked about my trainer as if they had never seen one or had not thought of it before. I also had people ask if I was the same person on a near by poster. I look absolutely nothing like the woman in the poster, but none the less people asked. I would have rather been outside because it was a beautiful day, but beggers can't be choosers.
On Saturday, the shuttle did not leave until 10 so as a last minute change, I opted to ride in. (Chris volunteered to come in and pick me up upon my return. Such a good guy.) So I jumped on my cross bike and made my way in. I took the scenic route but realized I did not have much time to as scenic I as first thought. I had to cut corners and ended up barely making the bus. I hate being rushed and late, but this was probably worth it. This week should be better, starting off with today. My boss told me to take the day off as I worked on Saturday. I am just waiting for it to warm up and then I am off to ride the Alpine Loop.
We have tentative plans to do 12 Hours of Temecula on November 15--weather permitting. It will be fun to have different competition for this style of race.

No comments: