Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today we participated in the Mt. Ogden 50K at Snowbasin. It was a great race with a great course and we walked away with some spectacular prizes. We took great care to try and recover from last weekend's 100 mile adventure. On Wednesday, when we raced I thought I was going to be good to go. Chris on the other hand felt questionable.
Today it was the other way around. Chris felt spectacular--heart rate 190 and he had feelings of effortlessness. I on the other hand could not get my heart rate up until the second lap. My descending was shaky also. I almost went off the course several times. I also unintentionally impeded Sarah as I spun around on a switchback--sorry about that. She took off and I only caught one glimpse of her after that until after the finish. She was on fire. Results.
All in all though, I had a good race. Mad Doggers all finished on the podium. In the end, Chris said it was better that I finished second because then I came home with a Kinetic trainer as opposed to a set of Light & Motion riding lights like he got. (We only really needed one set of lights and we really needed a new trainer.) Chris also got a set of Edge wheels for being the fastest finisher on the day. In the raffle, I won a pair of Salomon shoes. We are excited about our winnings.


Chris first place Pro-Male

My podium

Adam third in his division

Bruce took first in his division


Adam's podium for 5th overall amateur

2 comments:

Carson said...

Way to go guys!

Russ H said...

Nice loot. That makes the entry fee well worth it.