Wednesday, March 07, 2012

TruckerCo High Performance Cream Tubeless Tire Sealant

$15.99 for 1L
That is a mouthful. I was comped this product to give it a test run. It started off a bit shaky, but has been great ever since. Let me explain.
Chris and I have found our selves low on tires this winter so I tried to use an older tire that already had a decent cut/hole in the tread. The sealant took a while to fill the cut, but finally did. I rode with it at Camp Lynda and on the second day had to throw a tube in it on the trail.
Probably not a fair way to evaluate a product seeing as the hole was large enough to get benched with competitor sealant. I am sure the original plan was to patch the hole, but we rarely get around to doing so.
Then I did what I should have done in the first place and mounted a new tire with the TruckerCo cream. It is a light weight tire which can be a bit sketchy for some of the trails we ride in St. George and Moab. It (and the sealant) have held well. I have been using it for over a month and honestly have not given it much thought at all. Besides the rockier stuff down south, we have hit a local trail that is more likely to have thorns, goatheads, and the like. Again, no issues what so ever. I have come back from rides with 'wet spots' on the tread that look as if they were holes that sealed but never had any spitting from the tire.
I would definitely recommend giving TruckerCo High Performance Cream Tubeless Tire Sealant a try.

No comments: