Monday, December 04, 2006

not that it was that much warmer, but i rode my bike this weekend. i did the cyclocross race and got spanked. in the spirit of the season, i see this as an opportunity to be grateful for the humility it taught me. i was not sure if i wanted to go to this race or not and chris kept telling me i didn't. but apparently i did and i guess i am glad. it was slick, very slick. on a straight stretch in the back i tried to pass a guy. as i got into the "other lane" my bike slid out from under me and then i was sliding. it it had not been a race it would have been fun. ok it was fun anyway.
chris and i did some snow riding up provo canyon. because i had the cyclocross tires on my mountain bike, i got to take the single speed out. it was difficult to be stuck with one gear and little traction on the climbs. i had a good time though. the trail just pushed me around. i felt like a tru beginner. it was pure joy though to be outside and on two wheels. life is good.

No comments: