Sunday, June 24, 2007

I am so tired. But before I starte into the reasons for that, I finally found the results for last weeks NORBA race. Here is the link to my results and here are Chris' results.
Yesterday was the 12 Hours of the E-100. Chris and I for the second year competed as a Duo Co-ed team. Last year when we did this we had a great race. We won our category (Duo Co-ed), the entire Duo category, and I think we won the whole thing beating the quad teams. Going into this year, I felt pressure to perform equally as well. Obviously, I can not control who else signs up and how fast they are, but I wanted to perform well. In my mind we were not just competing against our category, but all categories. There had been rumors that Dave Harris and Lynda Wallenfels--top finishers in the solo category last year--were going to race and chances of beating them were (and are) incredibly slim. They were not there this year.
Other fast teams were though. We ended up first in the Duo Co-ed division, third in the overall Duo category and I beleive third over all. The winning team put in 15 laps--we only did 14. I pushed so hard and was just spent. I told Chris after my 5th lap that I was toasted; I still had two more laps to go. It seemed so much harder this year than last. I am not exactly sure why, but it probably has to do with a lack of endurance training. I raced well inspite of my fatigue. I was only passed three times in seven laps. Once on each of my first two and then on my 5th. On my 5th lap a Young Rider on a blue Trek passed me and slowly pulled away. To make myself feel better, I told myself that he was probably only on his second lap. He was clean and seemed fresh. He was still riding well and fast. When I told Chris about it, he asked if it was a really young kid on a Rig. Apparently, he had a hard time losing him on a lap. Kudos to both of you young guys.
A link to this years 12 hours of the E-100 will be posted here in the next day or so I imagine. I will continue to look for an update.Karl out ran everyone at the start to be the first on the bike. He and Carson had a really good day.
Chris did well in the start. He was probably top 5. Here you see Chris Fox just a couple strides ahead of him. There was no time for picture taking once the race got underway. It was all riding, recovering, and fueling for the next 11+ hours.

No comments: