Sunday, July 04, 2010

Seven Seconds

Seven seconds was the time lapse between first and third in my category yesterday. Seven seconds. Unfortunately for me, I was number three being taken on the line again. This time by a different Erica. She turned herself inside out to do it, so she totally deserved it. I admire that quality. Sarah rode a strong race taking the lead from the get go. I rode fairly strong, but I never felt really fast. Maybe I have not fully recovered from the training block we put in. Chris wants to do 15 hours this week. With another race this weekend, I am not sure I can do it.
My brother Jac came down from Rexburg for the weekend and he made it to the race. This is his third time. I really enjoy it when he comes and not just because he is willing to do hand ups. He is just a really fun kid. Okay, so he is not really a kid anymore, but as the youngest I always think of him that way. He said he got some photos so I will post them once available. And thanks Jac.

3 comments:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Seven seconds is the difference between first and 20th in a road race. Different beast, I know, but try losing by half a wheel. It's painful, but that's racing.

Anonymous said...

That must have been one intense race to be so close. Wish I had stayed to see it.

Kendra

Heather said...

I saw how close those times were when I looked at the results. I was thinking that must have been an intense race, but those are usually the most fun! I love when races are that close, it really pushes me. Keep up the speedy riding KC! You motivate me to ride faster! :)