Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Catching Up

I would like to say that I am behind because I have been so busy, but that is not really the case. I have been LA-ZY. I think it was/is the colder, darker weather. While I am looking forward to this weekend, I am not as it is the end of daylight savings and I heart daylight savings.

I have been riding some though not as much as I would like. I even took to the spin bike one time last week. Now the weather is delightful again though and things are looking up.During my outdoor rides though I took the suggested precautions and wore what orange I had given the posted warnings. But really hunters are not discriminating enough to tell a trail user from a Mule Deer? I don't know exactly what a mule deer is but I am pretty sure I could pick one out of a line up with trail runners, hikers, and mountain bikers.



I also had the opportunity to ride with others. This weekend we met up with Alex and Josh and put in four hours. And the met up with a big group of single speeders and some of their shifting friends. While it this group I tried to strategically position myself around those wearing the most orange. I also rode with Keith a couple times. Ty joined us as Keith showed us a new trail. At one point, Ty asked for someone to come back and take a photo. I thought it an odd request but I back tracked a ways and once I could see him it became clear. He was in a bit of a precarious situation, but understood it to be a "kodak moment" above anything else.

Ty Taking a Seat Off the Trail
And we sold my Superfly 100. This brings mixed emotions. I loved that bike. I loved it like I did my first 29er--a sweet Gary Fisher Paragon; it was blue. After just one ride, I miss it. I have Superfly and a Hi-Fi to keep me rolling on the dirt, but it is just not the same. Hopefully, my new bike will completely fill the void I feel. More details on that too come.
Sweet Memories of my Superfly 100


No comments: